Connecticut NOFA Statement of Purpose
Connecticut NOFA is a growing community of farmers, gardeners, land care professionals, and consumers that:
- Encourages a healthy relationship to the natural world;
- Promotes methods of farming, gardening, and land care that respect biodiversity, soil, water, air, and the needs of future generations through education, support, and advocacy;
- Encourages the growth of a sustainable, regional food system that is ecologically sound, economically viable and socially just;
- Educates consumers about their power to effect positive changes through their food and land care choices;
- Increases the local and organic food supply and maintains productive agricultural land by creating opportunities for new and veteran farmers.