Connecticut's Community Farms
What is a Community Farm?
- A not-for-profit, publicly accessible farm that conducts educational programming for the public.
- A center providing opportunities for meaningful work, learning, service and self-development.
- A local source of healthful produce, and a demonstration site for local food systems
How can community farms serve farmland conservation purposes?
If maintaining open space is a liability for your organization, a community farm can turn that space into a prized asset. For more information, see the resources listed below.
- Community farms represent a financially viable approach for managing open space.
- A community farm provides partners including land trusts and municipal conservation commissions with valuable platforms to reach their constituencies and promote active public engagement with preserved land.
Farm Based Education in Connecticut - prepared by Dr. Kimberly Stoner, The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, New Haven.
Connecticut Community Farm Network
Farm-Based Education Association
CT NOFA's Resources for Farmers webpage
Connecticut's Community Farms Listings
(alphabetical by town)
4-H Education Center at Auer Farm
Bolton Heritage Farm
Friends of Boulder Knoll, Inc.
Wind Hill Community Farm
The Dudley Farm
Grow Hartford C.S.A.
Madison Beach and Recreation Department
Urban Oaks Organic Farm
Diabetes Prevention Program & Chabaso Bakery Community Farm
New Haven Ecology Project &
Common Ground High School
New Haven Farms
Yale Farm/Yale Sustainable Food Project
F.R.E.S.H. New London
Community Farm of Simsbury, Inc.
Down to Earth CSA
Located at the Bob White Farm
Terra Firma Farm
The Farm at Stratford Sustainability Center
Community Farm Plots for rent, 100+ fruit tree orchard, LID demonstrations and projects
Friends of the Farm at Hilltop, Inc.
Strong Family Farm
Voluntown Peace Trust
New Pond Farm
Friends of Ambler Farm
Massaro Community Farm Inc.
If you would like your Community farm listed here, or have pictures or updates, contact the office:
203-308-2584 or email@example.com
back to top