126 Derby Avenue
Derby, CT 06418
Phone: (203) 308-2584
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Cordulack, Executive Director: email@example.com
About CT NOFA
Creating an organic CT since 1982
The mission of CT NOFA is to ensure the growth and viability of organic agriculture, organic food, and organic land care in CT.
CT NOFA envisions a healthy, organic CT founded on ecologically, socially and economically just principles.
Join our organic mission! Click HERE for the benefits of being a CT NOFA member.
CT NOFA is a growing community of farmers, gardeners, land care professionals, and consumers that encourages a healthy relationship to the natural world. CT NOFA:
- Promotes methods of farming, gardening, and land care that respect biodiversity, soil, water, air, and the needs of future generations through education, support, and advocacy.
- Encourages the growth of a sustainable, regional food system that is ecologically sound, economically viable and socially just.
- Educates consumers about their power to effect positive changes through their food and land care choices.
- Increases the local and organic food supply and maintains productive agricultural land by creating opportunities for new and veteran farmers.
CT NOFA is working toward:
- The growth of organic food production in Connecticut, resulting in local, sustainable agricultural systems.
- A clean, safe, healthy environment to pass on to future generations.
- Preservation of existing farmland in the state.
- An abundant supply of organically grown food for Connecticut citizens.
Principle of Organic Agriculture :
Organic Agriculture should sustain and enhance the health of soil, plant, animal, human and planet as one and indivisible.
Organic Agriculture should be based on living ecological systems and cycles, work with them, emulate them and help sustain them.
Organic Agriculture should build on relationships that ensure fairness with regard to the common environment and life opportunities.
Organic Agriculture should be managed in a precautionary and responsible manner to protect the health and well-being of current and future generations and the environment.
Click HERE for the benefits of being a CT NOFA member.